Friday, April 20, 2007

Quick Little Updates

It is a beautiful day so I thought that before I hit the trails I’d touch base with the good ole’ blog – Chicken Scratch. Here are a couple of quick little updates…

Yesterday marked seventeen years of marriage between Mother Hen and I. Seventeen years. We’ve seen a lot happen in that time. I wrote her a hopelessly romantic letter (which I won’t go into the details of here gentle reader). Let’s just say that I love that woman very deeply – more so now than then and that I’m excited to see what the next seventeen years will bring.

I received a letter from Asimov’s Science Fiction magazine. My short story “did not suit the needs of the magazine at this time.” Alas, such is life – especially the life of writer; one must understand the concept of rejection. It’s just part of the process. Hey, perhaps they’ll print the next thing I send them? One never knows. Isaac Asimov said, “You must keep sending your work out; you must never let a manuscript do nothing but eat its head off in a drawer. You send that work out again and again, while you’re working on another one. If you have talent, you will receive some measure of success – but only if you persist.”

Here’s to persistence!

“Hot Fuzz” opens in American theaters today. “What’s that?” Once more, gentle reader, you have asked precisely the right question. “Hot Fuzz” is the new movie from the Writers, Actors and Director from “Shaun of the Dead” (one of my take to a deserted island movies BTW). Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost bring the magic once again. Instead of zombies, Pegg and Frost are two cops investigating a bizarre set of “accidents” that happen to look like murders in a quaint little English town. Mayhem ensues.

Sign me up.

All right, it’s a little after mid-day and I’m here at the computer. That won’t do. It’s too nice. I’m gathering the family and hitting the trails. I’ll talk with you soon, Gentle Reader.

Evil Chicken signing off.

No comments: