Monday, February 25, 2008

The Chicken or the Oscar


The Academy Awards were on TV last night. It was the lowest rated ceremony in a long time. Why, who’s to say? It could be for a lot of reasons; perhaps your every day average movie going slob didn’t feel represented? Too much time spent on the “red carpet” as opposed to being spent in the love of film? Too many dance numbers? I don’t know. What I do know is that that little golden statue and I were at it again this year. Here were my picks: http://evilchickenscratch.blogspot.com/2008/02/oscar-vs-chicken-2008.html ; now let’s see who won this year.

Best Supporting Actor – who I chose: Hal Holdbrook for “Into the Wild”. Who won? Javier Bardem for “No Country for Old Men”. One nuthin’ for the golden boy.

Best Supporting Actress – who I chose: Rudy Dee for “American Gangster”. Who won? An incredibly HOT woman who wore no make up to the Oscars, Ms. Tilda Swinton for “Michael Clayton”.

Best Actor – who I chose: Daniel Day-Lewis for “There Will Be Blood”. Who won? Daniel Day-Lewis. Oh yeah, I’m feelin’ it.

Best Actress – who I chose: Cate Blanchett for “Elizabeth – the Golden Age”. Who won? Marion Cotillard for “La Vie en Rose”. Shake it off, baby – shake it off.

Best Visual Effects – who I chose: “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End”. Who won? “The Golden Compass”. BTW, “The Golden Compass”? Please.

Best Animated Feature – who I chose: “Ratatouille”. Who won? “Ratatouille”. YES! Brad Bird is a genius. -SNIFF- I smell a comeback.

Best Makeup – who I chose: “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End”. Who won? “La Vie en Rose”. What? Who? I’ll rent it and let you know BUT you’ve got to go a long way to beat out the job that was done of Pirates III.

Best Adapted Screenplay – who I chose: “No Country for Old Men”. Who won? “No Country for Old Men”. I’m nippin’ at his heals.

Best Original Screenplay – who I chose: “Juno”. Who won? “Juno”.

Best Director (s) – who I chose: “Joel & Ethan Coen - No Country For Old Men”. Who won? Why it was, “Joel & Ethan Coen - No Country For Old Men”. OH MY – I do believe we have a tie.

Best Picture – who I chose: “No Country for Old Men”. Who won… “No Country for Old Men”! OH MY GOODNESS – EVIL CHICKEN WON BY A NOSE!

What’s creepy is the fact that I haven’t seen most of the movies that were nominated. The trick is to think the way the Academy thinks. Still and all, it was close this year.

I didn’t watch the full broadcast and missed the memorandum. I caught it on Youtube but I either missed them or they were not mentioned but Mr. Roy Schider and Mr. Brad Renfro who both passed away not all that long ago may not have been mentioned.

I’ll see you next time Oscar. Until then know that ’08 was MINE!

1 comment:

mommanator said...

U did good bubba! so smart- who would have thought it! lol