Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Enterprise Project


Yep. I am a Star Trek fan. I bleed GEEK. So when I heard about “The Enterprise Project” I gushed a bit. It’s pop art through the eyes of pop art. As per the website…

Respected graffiti, FX and pop artists from all over the world have designed their interpretations of the USS Enterprise. These 34-inch-long replicas of the USS Enterprise from the upcoming film were cast from the 3D digital models created for the film by Industrial Light & Magic. These models will begin touring the world in March – see the location details on each ship to find its current location.

People such as Jim Lee and Robert Rodriguez each have submissions. It would be fun to see them all together in one place for now, however, you can check ‘em out here: http://www.startrekmovie.com/modelgallery/. There will be more Enterprise interpretations coming soon.

This might be able to hold me over until the first 12:01 showing on May 8. We shall see…

No comments: