Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bea Arthur


Man, I hate cancer. Bea Arthur passed away today at the age of 86. Here are the details: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090426/ap_en_mo/us_obit_arthur_14.

When I was a kid I never understood why my mother and father laughed so hard at “All in the Family”. Oh I tried to get what was going on but I was just too young to see the genius. Time passed and I rediscovered it in the world of re-run television. Norman Lear and Co. really had the tiger by the tale with this one.

Then there was “Maude”. And then there was “The Golden Girls” and, as a casual viewer, you knew right then that Ms. Arthur was truly a force to be reckoned with.

Amazing woman, amazing voice. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time.

They just don't make 'em like this anymore.

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Ditto

Pax Romano said...

She was one in a million. And since she made it to 84 or 85, she had a good run no matter how you cut it.