Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Through the Looking Glass


“We’re all mad here… I’m mad, you’re mad.”

Ain’t It Cool News is reporting that Johnny Depp has signed on to play The Mad Hatter in Disney’s 3D, Tim Burton directed “Alice in Wonderland”. Check it: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37702.

I’m grinning like a Cheshire Cat at this news. I love the pairing of Burton and Depp; the two make beautiful music together. I jumped over to the Internet Movie Data Base; which is manna from heaven for movie geeks (see: http://www.imdb.com/ and click around a while if you don’t believe me), and looked ‘em up. To date the pair have collaborated in some pretty wonderful cinema including; Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Corpse Bride, and Sweeny Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street.

I knew that Depp had signed on to portray Barnabas Collins in the film version of “Dark Shadows” but I just saw that BURTON was attached to that too. Even though Tim Burton has been re-imagining and remaking things a bit much recently for my tastes but I still love the guy. There have been hits and there have been misses but the man has a unique vision time and time again. He makes me want to buy a movie ticket. Hearing that he and Depp are attached to Dark Shadows as well as Alice in Wonderland makes my geek heart gush.

It should be a hoot.

1 comment:

Merci said...

Whoa! Big Dark Shadows fan here. Used to watch it first run in all of its tacky glory. It was on after school each day, and I hated to miss it! Love Depp, too, though I have to confess that Chocolat is my fave.