Thursday, July 17, 2008

This Town Needs a Better Viral Campaign…


...And I’m gonna give it to ‘em.

As I write this little blog entry the moments are ticking down to the 12:01 AM showing of The Dark Knight. If you were lucky enough to get a ticket God bless ya. I’m hitting the theaters tomorrow night with a group of like-minded fan boys and girls.

I can’t wait.

The spin has been unreal concerning this next installment of the Christopher Nolan Batman series. I’ve heard of a posthumous Oscar nod for Heath Ledger, as well as, best director for Nolan and even, Best Picture has been discussed.

Seriously.

Any way, I should really finish this quickly since the hours are ticking away and these: http://www.comcast.net/thedarkknightmovie/#/videos/exclusives (six “exclusive videos” won’t be so exclusive in a few hours.) There’s also a game, which can be found here: http://www.comcast.net/thedarkknightmovie/game/.

“Evil Chicken”, how can this be?”

Good question, Gentle Reader. It seems that a representative from a company called Rocket XL asked me to post here on Chicken Scratch those two links if I was going to write about The Dark Knight; in return they would send me a movie ticket.

Hey, I’m in.

I’m not sure if Rocket XL was responsible for the viral marketing campaign for The Dark Knight or not but just in case they were I asked for a job in my response back to the company. I’ll let you know if I’m switching vocations or not.

Until then, I’ll see you at the multiplex! As I’ve said before – THIS will be the 900-pound gorilla of the summer (see this: http://evilchickenscratch.blogspot.com/2008/01/evil-chickens-spring-summer-movie.html); the definitive BATMAN on the big screen – sign me up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Evil Chicken, you convinced me! Took a 1/2 day from work to go and see it.

Worth every minute!

Evil Chicken said...

No kiddin’?! Good for you!

I’m heading out in a few minutes with my oldest daughter and a group of fan boys & girls.