Monday, July 06, 2009

Sci-Fi Goes to Syfy


Get a good look at the logo to the left; it’s about to disappear.

“Huh?”

Yup. That’s right the Sci-Fi Channel is changing up tomorrow to the Syfy or, perhaps, Syfy Channel.

“Why?”

I think it boils down to the idea that Syfy is copyrightable whereas Sci-Fi is not. Here’s a good article of the nuts and bolts of the decision: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/07/sci-fi-channel-reboots-as-syfy-with-eye-on-expanding-empire/.

So there you have it. Out with the old and in with the new. Sci-Fi is still Syfy its just that now Syfy can be trademarked. I enjoy some of the programming on the network; I absolutely loved Battlestar Galactica and Ghost Hunters is a guilty pleasure of mine. Who knows what’s next?

Ladies and Gentlemen… set your Tivos!

1 comment:

Pax Romano said...

What they need to do is broadcast a movie without seventy ads shown per half hour, now that would be a change for the better!

And yes, Ghost Hunters is awesome...I think I am going to become a ghost hunter when I retire.