Friday, May 22, 2009

NUTS!


Despair Inc. has been and is one of my favorite little enterprises on the web. They create products that skewer the shady hypocrisy and self-aggrandizing pop psychology of all those bloody “Motivational Posters” that have crept into offices and places of work over the past bakers dozen years, or so. If you have not been there please check them out here: http://despair.com/index.html, you will not be disappointed. I have one of their calendars on my desk and it stands there between my phone and my computer as a beacon of sanity.

Well. Despair Inc. just had their first “Demotivator Caption Contest”. Mother Hen told me about this contest yesterday and I thought I’d throw my hat in the ring today. I wrote one up but I was 1 hour and 23 minutes too late. The contest was over. That’s what I get for checking email as poorly as I do. ...I was thinking…

Independence

Sometimes there is a reason why the Road is Less Traveled.


But it was not meant to be. The winner will be announced in about 15 minutes from now and will win $500.00. Not too shabby. Well, there’s always next time.

What would your caption read?

No comments: