Sunday, January 14, 2007

“NO RETURNS” Submission

I’m about to mail off a submission to Asimov’s Science Fiction. As my cover letter to Ms. Sheila Williams the publication’s Editor says, “NO RETURNS” (4,179 words). It’s a story about a man with a problem, a girl with her mind made up, an antique typewriter that predicts the future and the real explanation for why the QWERTY keyboard exists as it does today. It’s light, fun, fantasy that I wrote with my daughter in mind.” …My oldest daughter (who is 14) to be specific.

It takes about 5 weeks or so to hear back from Asimov’s Science Fiction. Gentle reader, I’ll let you know if I’m published or not as soon as I know myself. Hey rejection happens – it’s part of the game and, just as in life, you will miss 100% of the shots you never take.

Here’s to hope!

1 comment:

Merci said...

I want to read it!