Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bradbury Challenge – It’s On Now

“The Bradbury Challenge” is underway, (Please see 9/1/06 Blog Entry for the greater details). The long story short version is that I’m putting together a compilation of 52 + short stories for self-publication. Ray Bradbury made mention of challenging a writer to write 52 short stories in a row. He said that, “They can’t all be bad.” Well, I’m in the process of seeing if that’s so. It’s been an exciting prospect and I’ve been having a lot of fun doing it. The vast majority of the stories will be new ones but I’m also polishing some of my old stuff up and putting them out there too.

What can I say, it’s hard to let go of the past sometimes.

Who knows, once it’s done I just may send Mr. Bradbury a copy as a thank you for the unintentional suggestion to do it, the inspiration to keep writing and for his body of work. I’m not saying this as a threat towards Ray or with any other hidden agenda. He’s simply one of the greats and I’d like to say ‘thanks’, even if he never cracks the book. He’ll be 87 on August 22, 2007.

I’ll let you know, gentle reader, how this newest project progresses.

No comments: