Wednesday, May 02, 2012

King on Taxation



I subscribe to the original Greek meaning of the word “Politics”.  One can break down the word into its root words such as, POLY meaning, “Many” and TICKS meaning, “Blood Sucking Creatures”.  Apart from my occasional Slacktivist rantings I try to avoid talking politics here on the electronic pages of Chicken Scratch.  That being said here is an interesting article from Mr. Stephen King concerning taxation and the rich that is certainly worth the read.  Beware though, there is some colorful language and some well-reasoned thinking to be found if you click right here > http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/04/30/stephen-king-tax-me-for-f-s-sake.html.

Mr. King, I’ve always been a fan, Thankee, Sai.  Now I have even more reasons to make that claim.  I like the concept of setting up a Charitable Foundation and I would hope that if ever this 99%er joined the 1%ers that I would do the same.  It’s on the list, so to speak, or at least, I believe it would be.

What do you think about taxation these days, Gentle Reader?





Image by Pieter Brueghel the Younger, 'Paying the Tax (The Tax Collector)' oil on panel, 1620-1640 by way of Wikipedia.

No comments: