Monday, April 11, 2011
Life, the Universe and Everything
Douglas Adams came up with the title that I have borrowed for this quick little ‘catch-up’ blog. Much is afoot and I thought that I’d drop some crumbs as to why I have not been the best of consistent bloggers most recently; of which I a deeply sorry, Gentle Reader.
1. Oscar beat me this year. “The King’s Speech” was a massive sleeping giant that I did not take into account as I put my Academy Awards blog together this year. I had second thoughts but I stood by my choices. Oops. This year goes to that little golden, bald guy. I’ll try to think more like the Academy next time. By the By, Ann Hathaway and James Franco did a great job of hosting.
2. A project is materializing that I really can’t talk too much about yet. Suffice to say, when the time is right I will not be shutting up about it. I will give you a hint, it will be cool and you will want to be there.
3. I’m seriously considering going back to school for a Masters degree in my chosen field. That’s all I can really say about that.
4. Charlie Sheen. That’s all I’ve got.
5. “Firefly” is being re-played on the Science Channel and I LOVE it. I missed it the first time around when it was on Fox before it was cancelled. I missed it the second time when it was rebroadcast on Sci-Fi. I’m not missing it now. Just what was Fox thinking canceling this show? Really. Whedon is an amazing writer/director who really has a knack for creating worlds that I want to visit. I can’t wait to see what he does with ‘The Avengers’.
6. I’ve been losing weight. No diet this time at bat; I’m just watching my calories. We are trying to get in more Geocaching too which is a great way to get out there to see what’s around the corner.
7. I think we; my family the Evil Chicken 5, are going to be getting a new “Mother Ship” (central computer). This means that I will be inheriting the old “Mother Ship”. This is a good thing. My laptop (that I am writing this little blog on, BTW) is getting long in the tooth. I started booting up yesterday afternoon just so I could type this now. Hey, who knows; maybe I’ll blog more if I can turn on my computer? It could happen.
So there you have it; a bird’s eye view of the craziness that I have been part and parcel to as of late. Apart from recent tardiness the fact remains, Gentle Reader… I’m still here.
See you soon,
~ Evil Chicken