Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chicken Scratch

Wonders never cease. I’m actually making a post to the blog. Yes it should start raining frogs any moment now, I know.

So where have I been? What have I been doing? Has writing been involved? As it turns out I was a little put off by the nature of blogging, itself. Obviously, I do not treat this electronic postcard to the world as one would treat a dairy. I know people who do and God bless ‘em. The simple fact, dear reader if you’re there, is that one does not have to look too far here in the land of the free and the home of the brave to see that free speech is and never was free. One person’s opinion, religion, art or political view will, no matter what mind you, find a way to piss off some wacko or group of wackos in small or large numbers. Wackos have unions these days.

Before you read too much into that last pair of sentences realize this, I do not buy into the extreme left or right; both of which and in most cases I consider wackos. I never wanted this to be some sort of ammunition for someone pushing an agenda or as fodder to hoist some B.S. cause up the flagpole. Not to mention the host of people who have had their blogs used against them in both courts of law and of public opinion. Well run, run as fast as you can, you’ll never catch me I’m the Ginger Bread Man.

You may ask then, why blog? Don’t you wish to have some sort of connection to your readers? Don’t you want people to know what you think? I have learned that the finest connection and means of communication, mind you, between a writer and a reader is the medium where they meet; the story - a play, a short tale, a novel that is where the ideas are; that is where the communication should take place. Writers should be read. Bottom line. This is what separates writers from town criers.

Now that this is off my chest, what have I been up to? I’ve been busy. What have I been doing? Family illnesses, having my mother-in-law move in, playing with my kids and watching them grow. Has writing been involved? Yup. I continue to hack away at my keyboard and my notebooks. I co-wrote a play with three other gentlemen from my church and a novel for NaNoWriMo, as well as hundreds of posts to different web sites which brings me full circle as to why I’m back. Two sites immediately jump to mind; Ain’t It Cool News and South Jersey Geocaching. In the vast emptiness of my mind, I contribute a lot of articles to both of these sites. I wanted a place where I could showcase my efforts – and that’s why I’m back.

See you soon.

No comments: