Sunday, September 03, 2023

...Is This Thing On?

Why, yes. I think the lights are still on, here. "Blogging" has taken some hits due to the advent of social media and the open sharing of ideas on all of the various platforms. But, those platforms are particularly rancid and venomous.  Social media was fun and informative. It's been hijacked by the old devil itself - the REAL devil, human nature

Yeah, we're pretty awful. That awfulness is easily exacerbated by sitting in front of an anonymous keyboard and filling one's mind with only opinions that cater to your world view.

"It is what it is," said Kurt Vonnegut.

Anyway, I noticed this very evening, that it had been over a YEAR since I posted anything here. Forgive me, Gentle Reader. I heeded that siren call of social media, of Facebook, Twitter (now know as, "X" for some selfish reasons unbeknownst to me), and YouTube - for me, the 'big three'.  I've done my 'blogging' there, instead of here.  

Forgive me, 'Chicken Scratch'. I never meant to be such a neglectful blogger. The winds of the zeitgeist blew and I was swept away by their velocity.

It is what it is.

Winds change, however. Perhaps they will blow me back one day?

 One never knows.  


No comments: