Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Life and Times of Wook Kundor


So I was checking out some shots on my Yahoo homepage when a picture of a little old Malaysian woman catches my eye. I click on said picture to read the segment of her story from AFP headlines. I found it interesting on several levels; so much so that I thought I would break it down piece by piece for your thoughtful consideration, Gentle Reader. Here we go…

“Wook Kundor, 107, sits outside her house in Malaysia's northern Kuala Terengganu state on September 13, 2009.”

Ok, so far so good. 107 – God bless her! This lady must be hitting the bran flakes and Flintstone vitamins; she looks great.

“Wook says she is ready to marry for the 23rd time…”

…I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that?

“Wook says she is ready to marry for the 23rd time…”

Ok, Wook has been married 22 times. Hey, if at first you don’t succeed try try again.

“…because she fears her current drug addict husband Muhammad, 37, who is undergoing voluntary drug rehabilitation treatment in the capital Kuala Lumpur, will leave her once the program ends.”

Wow.

This woman has had quite the life. At 107 years of age she is marrying another man because her drug addicted, 70 years her junior husband is probably going to leave her after he gets out of rehab.

This is not just a little picture from Yahoo, oh no; this is an entire Morey Povitch / Jerry Springer mini series. What this woman must have seen in her days.

Click here for the brief article on Wook: http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756/im:/090914/photos_od_afp/f41f9dc721ef49457200fe29acf44cbd.

All the best Ms. Kundor I truly hope that husband number 23 makes you happy.

Ah those crazy kids.

2 comments:

timtam said...

Hello there, just thought you'd like to know that Wook is still with her 22nd husband as of today (21 Oct, 2010). Her husband was released from rehab and went home for a short time until he got arrested again for misuse of drugs. Now, he's out again had been cleared of another charge of drug misuse. Hope things will be better after this.

Evil Chicken said...

I was thinking about Wook recently. I don't know if there's a way to find out for certain but I hope she's happy and healthy. All the best, Ms. Kundor.