Sunday, November 02, 2008

Gentle Reader


It’s on NOW, baby; NaNoWriMo that is! I’ve slipped from being a casual observer into a participant. Since I’ll be primarily writing a novel in November I wanted to just jot down a few things here at Chicken Scratch before I hang my “Do Not Disturb” sign on the computer room door.

Thing 1. Don’t forget to vote on Tuesday. I don’t care who you vote for but I like to pretend that voting still matters and I believe that the more people who share this delusion there are the better. Democracy – or at least something akin to it, wins.

Thing 2. Guy Fawkes Day. “Remember, remember the fifth of November…” from Gunpowder, Treason and Plot. For any readers in London, try not to blow off any fingers or Parliament Buildings during the celebration.

Thing 3. Veteran’s Day. Thank a vet. They put everything on the line to serve our country so that people like us can actually practice stuff like free speech, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Thing 4. Thanksgiving. I love this holiday. It’s not too commercial, it’s not gaudy, it’s just a time to pause and reflect on just how good we have it. Even now, with all of the troubles and woes that face us, there is so much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Thing 5. Black Friday. In my mind’s eye I can see the people lined up waiting to grab up that sale price. This will be interesting this year concerning consumer spending. We shall see what we shall see.

Thing 6. Gas Prices. I put $20.00 in the gas tank today and it gave me almost 3/4ers of a tank of gas! I’d still love to be off the stuff – oil, that is. Dependency is a dangerous thing.

Thing 7. Playstation 3 vs. the X-box 360. Which is the system to get? We’ve got a Nintendo Wii and love it but there are a few games coming out (namely Resident Evil 5) that we just can’t play on the Wii. What to do…? The PS3 has a Blue Ray player built in while the X-box has titles like, “Halo” and “Fable 2” in it’s stable. Time to hit the lottery.

Thing 8. National Novel Writing Month. November has just started and there is still time for YOU to start writing YOUR novel. As I’ve said before, misery loves company.

So there you have it, a whole month of blogging condensed for your reading pleasure. Oh I’ll be dropping in from time to time, I’m sure, but this month a noveling I will go.

Yours truly & see you soon,

Evil Chicken

1 comment:

mommanator said...

I shallbe blogging daily no novel though, Nov is a busy month isnt it and you State workers get those extra days Must be to write!
will miss you good luck